AGENDA MONTGOMERY CITY COUNCIL JUNE 7, 2016
MONTGOMERY CITY COUNCIL
JUNE 7, 2016 – 5:00 P.M.
Prayer by Councillor Burkette or Guest
Pledge of Allegiance
Approval of May 17, 2016 Work Session Minutes
Approval of May 17, 2016 Regular Council Meeting Minutes
Special Committee Reports
Public Communications on Agenda Items (To address the Council during this time, the Roster must be signed before meeting begins indicating agenda item number to be discussed.)
1. Ordinance amending the Code of Ordinances, Chapter 25, Division 4, Littering. (Sponsored by Councillor Lyons)
2. Ordinance amending the Code of Ordinances, Chapter 6, Article V – Private Investigators and Private Detectives.
3. Ordinance authorizing compliance with State Alcoholic Beverage Control Laws and amending Chapter 3, Section 3-1, 3-2, 3-9 and 3-14 and repealing Section 3-13 of the Code of Ordinances.
4. Resolution authorizing Mayor Strange to make application to DOJ’s Bureau of Justice Assistance for FY 2016 JAG Grant for $81,141 to purchase software for MPD’s Special Operations Division & Accreditation Bureau.
5. Resolution authorizing Substantial Amendments to the HUD Action Plan for unspent balances/reallocation of CDBG and HOME.
6. Resolution authorizing IDB to negotiate tax incentives for Project Rumba.
7. Resolution denying and/or revoking right to operate a business for failure to purchase Business License: Michael Hochhalter, d/b/a Michael’s Table, 2960 Zelda Road, Suite A.
8. Resolution denying and/or revoking right to operate a business for failure to purchase Business License: Karen O’Conner, d/b/a Joe Mac’s Lounge a/k/a Flanagan’s, 2015 Congressman W. L. Dickinson Drive.
9. Resolution revoking Business License for failure to pay sales tax and authorizing Show Cause Hearing for Carrie Lepoma, d/b/a Lepoma’s Pizzeria, 1276 Eastdale Mall.
10. Resolution revoking Business License for failure to pay sales tax and authorizing Show Cause Hearing for Kisha Caffey & Monique Green, d/b/a Another Level Seafood Pub and Grill, 5331 Young Barn Road.
11. Application for Retail Beer and Retail Table Wine (Off Premises) Licenses by ASL Enterprise Inc., d/b/a Varsity Convenience Store, 1218 Carter Hill Road.
12. Application for a Restaurant Retail Liquor License by Los Cabos II Inc., d/b/a Loss Cabos 2, 8844 Minnie Brown Road,
13. Application for a Non-Profit Tax Exempt Liquor License by Montgomery Riverfront Development Foundation, d/b/a Taco Libre, 300 Water Street (Union Station Train Shed).
14. Application for a Non-Profit Tax Exempt Liquor License by Montgomery County Historical Society Inc., d/b/a Montgomery Historical Society, 1 Court Square Fountain.
15. Application for an Alternative Transportation Service by Valencia Lambert, d/b/a Lamberts N.E.T.S. LLC, 445 Dexter Avenue.
16. Resolution appointing John Stanley to the Medical Clinic Board – Montco Center replacing Amit Patel. (Sponsored by Councillor Jinright)
17. Resolution designating Nuisance Abatement Agent.
18. Resolution declaring public nuisances, authorizing immediate abatement and assessing cost of abatement of public nuisances on various lots pursuant to Chapter 12 of Code of Ordinances.
Council as a Committee