City Council Agenda – 03/15/2016
City Council Meeting
Date: 03/15/2016 5:00 PM
Location: Council Auditorium at City Hall
103 N Perry St.
Montgomery, Alabama 36104
A G E N D A
MONTGOMERY CITY COUNCIL
MARCH 15, 2016 – 5:00 P.M.
Prayer by Councillor Pruitt or Guest
Pledge of Allegiance
Approval of March 1, 2016 Work Session Minutes
Approval of March 1, 2016 Regular Council Meeting Minutes
Angie Jordan, Muscular Dystrophy Association – MFD’s Fill the Boot Campaign Award
Special Committee Reports
Public Communications on Agenda Items (To address the Council during this time, the Roster must be signed before meeting begins indicating agenda item number to be discussed.)
1. Application for Retail Beer and Retail Table Wine (On or Off Premises) License by Osaka 8860 Inc., d/b/a Osaka Sushi Bar, 8860 Minnie Brown Road.
2. Application for Retail Beer and Retail Table Wine (Off Premises Only) by LAL BAWA JI LLC, d/b/a Super Stop, 1015 Mobile Road.
3. Application for a Lounge Retail Liquor – Class I License by Patrick D. Bye, d/b/a Bye Bye Place, 1114 Adams Avenue.
4. Resolution denying and/or revoking right to operate a business for failure to purchase business license and pay sales tax: Lalonie Farnell, a/k/a Lotus Stores Inc., d/b/a Lotus Stores, 6832 Eastchase Parkway.
5. Application for a Special Retail – More Than 30 Days Liquor License by Kalomi LLC, d/b/a Tallapoosa Lakes Golf, 1501 Dozier Road (PJ). County Commissioner Hall and Sheriff Cunningham have no objections. Councillor Bollinger has no objections. Chief Finley had no recommendation.
6. Application for a Lounge Retail Liquor – Class I License by Jason Stinson, d/ b/a Westside Social and Savings Club, 2127 Day Street.
7. Application for a Lounge Retail Liquor – Class I License by Sanctuary Cigars LLC, d/b/a Sanctuary Cigars, 7813 Vaughn Road.
8. Application for Retail Beer and Retail Table Wine (Off Premises Only) Licenses by Muskan USA Inc., d/b/a Narrow Lane Corner Store, 6601 Narrow Lane Road.
9. Resolution reappointing Willie Welch to the Architectural Review Board by Councillor Burkette.
11. Resolution reappointing Walter Bush, Sr. to the Montgomery Historic Preservation Commission by Councillor Burkette.
12. Resolution appointing Ken Ward to the Montgomery Clean City Commission by Councillor Lee replacing Diane Bush.
13. Resolution declaring public nuisances, authorizing immediate abatement and assessing cost of abatement of public nuisances on various lots pursuant to Chapter 12 of Code of Ordinances.
Council as a Committee